Workshops for Managers
Riding the Current™ for Managers: Guiding Not Guarding
Workshops designed for managers are designed for up to 12 participants so that deep discussion can occur.
The session is a single 2-4 hour session depending on the specific desires of the client. The audience of this workshop is managers who have direct reports. All participants will receive the book Riding the Current: How to deal with the daily deluge of data and the accompanying materials.
The workshop is designed for managers who have direct reports and desire to improve the acquisition of essential knowledge by the organization and to enhance knowledge sharing.
When done in full, each participant can expect to:
- Understand the broad the stages of the Riding the Current™ Framework.
- State the benefits of the Riding the Current™ program to their work.
- Clarify the steps they must do at each stage of the framework.
- Identify staff/employees who would benefit from the program.
- Define a plan for bringing the Riding the Current ™ program into their units.
Leading through Storytelling
If you’ve heard about the power of storytelling but are still uncertain that you can ‘pull it off,’ this workshop is for you. It will explain why and how story works. It will offer experience in storytelling in a safe environment. It will provide real techniques for using story in the workplace. You will learn how to construct a story as well as how to bring power into the telling. The entire workshop is designed to be practical.
This nuts and bolts workshop is designed for managers and senior staff identified for future managerial positions. While staff at any level can benefit, sessions with the primary audience can be made more focused.